Food Waste Prevention Training for Commercial Kitchens in BC, Canada
Better Table Academy
Useful tips for every kitchen
Learn how to make your professional kitchen more profitable with this food waste e-learning dedicated to the Canadian hospitality industry.
- Easy to follow with short videos
- Best practices and secrets for Canadian hotels and restaurants
- Resources you can start applying right away
Why this training?
- This online course will introduce you to the opportunities of food waste prevention for Canadian chefs.
- You will gain practical knowledge and tools to apply some best practices in the hospitality industry, leveraging the circular economy.
- You will also have access to our carefully selected library of helpful resources and real case studies on food waste prevention.
What’s in it for me?
Upon completion of this online training, you will be able to:
- Gain a deep understanding of the opportunity of food waste prevention in Canada
- Understand why your property’s Green Team need a representative from Culinary at that table
- Gather data and KPIs to measure food efficiency of F&B operations
- Learn how to reduce kitchen food surplus and prevent plate waste
- Evaluate current food and beverage purchasing practices
- Further improve efficiencies with the help of other departments
- Apply Zero Waste and Circular Economy principles
- Identify relevant food waste solution providers
- Gain new insights on how to reduce food costs
Who takes this course?
- This course is designed for culinary professionals in the F&B, hospitality, and tourism sectors.
- We know time is the most precious resource as a chef, so the training is designed to be finalized in under one hour (with the option to gain more knowledge as you grow).
- Our Course is also suitable for hotel leaders looking to learn more about food waste management and prevention.